it's not about who you spend the most time with...
it's who you have the best memories with.


Thursday, June 4, 2009

chocolate covered expresso beans.

I am absolutely and utterly loving Chicago right now.  I am just soaking up everything that I have seen and just cannot seem to get enough.  I may even be partaking in some 'sly' people watching.  Even though the thought might not be appealing at first I really do enjoy public transportation and truly feeling like a grown up when I am riding it by myself...okay okay...I will stop with my infatuation about this city.

Tonight was very enjoyable...our apartment cooked for another guys' apartment and then we watched a video discussing Jesus' love and the marvel of that, great discussion by one of our team leaders and group.  I also was able to witness one of the most beautiful things God has blessed me with.  I heard someone pray in Chinese tonight and all I could do was smile...it just sounded to beautiful.  The Lord's name being spoke in another language, was even encouraging or inspiring almost.  

I have been able to become really good friends with my roommates, Katie and Wendy.  I have only known them for less than a week, and I already love them.  They crack me up, I could not have asked for better roomies. :)

It is past my bedtime and chocolate covered expresso beans were probably not the best idea...ya think?


Be still, and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.  
Psalms 46:10

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you guys to get jobs! :) I hope you're having a great time, I miss you though. lots! I miss our hugs.

    eat some chocolate covered expresso beans for me!

    ReplyDelete